If you’d like more information about hires please see below for venue specs & email us to make an enquiry.
Please note: we have a regular programme of theatre events in the theatre space and a weekly music programme on Fridays & Saturday nights in our bar & kitchen space.
The amphitheatre has been purposefully designed to accommodate both the epic and the intimate, with a mixture of Classical Greek and Victorian architecture.
- 98 seats in rake, 12 in galleries, additional benches can be added to front.
- Stage: Beautiful untreated concrete floor,
- Floor to ceiling: Over 4 Metres
- 4 x Source 4 @ 26 degrees
- 2 x Source four iris
- 2 x par birdies
- 2 x RGB LED batons
- 4 x 650w Arri
- 2 x 1k Cantata PC
- 2 x 1k Cantata Fresnels
- 4 x Par 64 Cans
- 2 x 18inch 600w active cabs, fliown or floor standing
- 2 x 8inch 200w passive speakers rigged as delays
- 1 x 400w rms powered mixer (amp/mixer combo powering passives)
- 1 x 12 channel soundcraft M12 mixer
- 2 x Shure SM58 dynamic vocal mic
- 1 x Shure SM57 dynamic instrument mic
- 2 x Behringer C1 Cardoid condenser mic
- 4 x mic stand
- 1 x Optoma EW610ST (short throw projector, fills back wall from 5metres back, can be repositioned)
- 10m VGA cable back to operating position
- 80 seated dining, 250 standing
- Fully stocked bar: Wet hires only
Current Regular Licensing hours
- Tuesday – Wednesday: Midnight
- Thursday: 2am
- Friday and Saturday: 3am
- Sunday: Midnight
The Bar & Kitchen
Make an Enquiry
Please note all theatre productions and ticketed events are curated by the Artistic Director, if you would like to be among the first to know about opportunities to develop work at The Yard, please join our mailing list here, or if you would like to invite a member of The Yard team to come and see your work please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to hire the theatre space for a non-ticketed or private event please email our Music and Events Producer Dan Hampson.
The Yard is a Hire Space approved venue.
Xmas at The Yard
Here at The Yard we enjoy Xmas as much as the next guy; the jumpers that are so bad they’re good, socially acceptable drinking before noon, mistletoe, that fourth tin of quality street, it’s great, we love it. But there can be a lot to think about, which is why we’re going to take care of it for you. Zero stress, all the fun. We will bring you laughter, dancing, music and not shred of tinsel in the place (unless you want tinsel?).
Just a warm, welcoming, beautiful building for you to share festivities with your friends, colleagues and loved ones.