The Yard is looking for five new voices to take part in our NOW ’16 Festival
The Yard’s NOW festivals are a celebration of everything we think is exciting about UK performance right NOW.
We use this festival to discover five new voices through an open call-out and to invite five more experienced artists to test new ideas. We programme these ten artists in double-bills over five-weeks to create a focused point in our programme that shouts about the artists, and their ideas, that we think audiences should watching.
Through the festival format, we are able to offer support and create an ensemble of artists who can support each other through conversation and sharing ideas. The festival creates a safe environment for both artists and audiences to take risks together and experience something new and exciting.
What we’re looking for
- Work that is new (this can be the kernel of an idea at this stage).
- Work that would benefit from a 5 night run in Spring 2016.
- Artists that would benefit from a mentor relationship.
- Work that is complementary to a double-bill format (no longer than 60 minutes).
- New ideas from performance artists, theatre makers, ensembles. You may never have made a piece of performance in your life. You may not associate yourself with the word artist at all.
How do I apply?
Before you apply, please read the info pack thoroughly.
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and in the subject line include:
- Your project title (a working title is fine) and ‘NOW ’16’
- The name of two invited artists you would like to be mentored by in the subject line.
At this stage, don’t sweat over a long and detailed proposal: just send us your idea and we’ll take it from there.
Artists Open Evening: Mon 2 Nov, 6pm
Submissions Deadline: Fri 20 Nov, 5pm
Interviews: w/c 7 Dec